CDE Global specialises in the manufacture and development of solutions and machinery that wet process materials in the sand & aggregates, mining, C&D waste recycling, industrial sands and environmental sectors.
When moving to their new purpose–built headquarters, CDE Global uncovered an extensive archive of paper files that were consuming a vast amount of storage space. CDE wanted to minimise the amount of archive material they were taking with them to their new offices while improving access to these files.
What We Did
Mallon had to undertake several collections of CDE’s files from their global headquarters in Cookstown and return them to our purpose–built data capture facility. Once arrived, they entered our secure document check–in procedure into our climate–controlled file storage area. As required, these files were signed out of the storage area and moved to the document preparation section where they were set up ready for the scanning and digital capture process.
The files were made up of Custom Care, Finance and HR information. These were scanned using our A4/A3 automatic feed scanners and captured in PDF format at 200dpi. The captured images were then passed through OCR to create a fully searchable text document. Following this, all captured images entered the Quality Assurance process before the file was restored to its original state and transferred back to our secure storage area.
As part of a complete service, CDE Global required the destruction of their hard copy files via shredding. We employed the services of our partner company, M1 Document Solutions, who carried out the shredding on–site at our Cookstown office and overseen by one of our personnel. Afterwards, we provided CDE Global with a ‘Certificate of Destruction’.
Upon completion of the project, we had captured 771 level arch files made up of over 239,069 individual pages. The PDF files were then uploaded to our FTP site in batches with a digital delivery completed every week.
- CDE has been able to free up valuable office space for alternative uses
- A secure digital backup of their archive files ensures they will never lose access to their essential documents
- Digital copies of their records will help to ensure their lasting integrity for the foreseeable future
- Staff no–longer have to manually search through paper files, saving time that was otherwise wasted
- Text searches can be undertaken for keywords or phrases, helping to find relevant information quickly
- Multiple people can access files at the same time