Bluebird Care is one of the largest providers of home care services in the UK. In Coleraine, bluebird provides care to people living throughout the Northern Trust Area.
Bluebird Care Coleraine kept their customer records on paper files, resulting in the storage of a large archive of documents that was taking up space in their office. This coupled with the introduction of new GDPR legislation meant that Bluebird Care Coleraine wanted to create a digital backup of their records to ensure they could easily be accessed and maintained in line with new legislation.
What We Did
Mallon was required to collect all files from Bluebird Care’s headquarters in Coleraine and securely transport these to our data capture facility in Cookstown. Once they arrived, the files were passed through our secure document check–in process to our climate–controlled file storage area.
As required, files were signed in and out of our storage area and moved to the document preparation section where they were prepared for the scanning and capture process. Files were scanned using our A4/A3 production scanners and captured at 200dpi in PDF format. After passing a visual check, the scanned images progressed to Quality Assurance where they were again visually re–checked against the original document.
Once past the Quality Assurance process, the documents were restored to their original state and transferred back to the secure storage area for return to the customer. On completion of the project, we had scanned 20,942 pages which were then delivered to the customer via an external hard drive.
- Bluebird Care is now able to process any subject data requests quickly and easily in–line with GDPR regulations
- By digitally capturing their paper records Bluebird Care was able to free up valuable office space for other uses
- Accessing customer records can now be done at the touch of a button, removing the need to manually search through paper files
- A secure digital backup of their records ensures they will never lose access to their important documents
- Digital copies of their records will help to ensure their lasting integrity for the foreseeable future