Despite 2021 being another far from ordinary year, Mallon colleagues have been determined to spread some Christmas cheer by taking part in Christmas Jumper Day 2021.
The annual event, spearheaded by Save the Children, is an opportunity to raise some smiles and have some fun. Save the Children works tirelessly across the globe, running world–class programmes that save lives and help to give forgotten children across the world a brighter future.
Colleagues across all departments got into the spirit of the day, even while working from home! Thanks to the fantastic generosity of all our colleagues who took part, the company managed to raise a brilliant £295 for Save the Children.
Save the Children will use the money raised by Mallon’s colleagues to help children worldwide in different ways. Here is how the funds raised will be used by Save the Children:
- £5 could help a child in Rwanda see the wonder in the world – providing them with a book written in their own language
- £18 could help a child sparkle in the classroom – paying for a back–to–school kit in Indonesia
- £50 could protect a child from the shadow cast by hunger – providing a family who’ve fled violence in Yemen with enough food for a month
- £66 could feed children’s imaginations – buying two weeks’ worth of food for a family of five in Syria
- £70 could light up a child’s sense of wonder – providing an LED lamp for them to study by in Gaza, where there are just 4 hours of electricity a day
- £130 could help a child make a miraculous recovery – providing a malnourished child in Ethiopia with medicine and therapeutic food