While Christmas will be a little different this year, Mallon colleagues were still determined to get into the Christmas Spirit and spread some Festive Cheer despite the lockdowns and local restrictions by taking part in Christmas Jumper Day 2020.
The annual event championed by Save the Children, is an opportunity to raise some smiles and have some fun despite the difficult year faced by everyone! Save the Children works tirelessly across the globe, running world class programmes that save lives and help to give forgotten children around the world a brighter future.
This year, colleagues really embraced the day, wearing their Christmas Jumpers from home for the entire day, submitting pictures of themselves to our social channels to show how they were joining in the festive fun!
Thanks to the amazing generosity of all our colleagues who took part in Christmas Jumper Day, the company managed to raise a fantastic £438 for Save the Children.
The money raised by everyone at Mallon will be used to help children around the world in a number of different ways, with:
- £2 paying for hand sanitiser to help fight coronavirus in a Save the Children medical clinic
- £6 buying a face shield for a superhero health worker in Yemen
- £10 buying antibiotics to help 5 children beat malnutrition
- £20 buying a back–to–school kit for children in Indonesia
- £60 buying toys and books to support children from struggling families in the UK
- £100 buying a first aid kit for a health worker in Somalia